AIN'T NO BETTY CROCKER

In an effort to jump back on the "no TV Tuesday" train that my main squeeze introduced to our lives prior to my surgery, we turned the boob tube off and baked cookies last night.  We found a very special peanut butter cookie recipe hidden in our beloved cooking binder and decided to jump on it.  My grandmother used to make these treats with me and I could almost taste them when Travis pulled out all of the ingredients.  
 

What a learning experience this turned out to be . . . it seemed so easy when I was young :).  I now know what it means to "cream" something together and how to sift ingredients (we had to call the hubby's mom 3 different times to get some much needed baking clarity). 

After creaming, sifting, beating, mixing, rolling, and flattening, we popped the first batch in the oven and set the second aside while we started picking up the kitchen.  It was then that I noticed the UNOPENED box of brown sugar.  Yup folks, I forgot a whole cup of sugar.  Surprisingly, they aren't all that bad, but they sure aren't like grandma used to make and I have a whole bag of these "low sugar" goodies that I really shouldn't eat.  My impulsive behavior got the best of me and I made the mistake of pounding three of these . . . my new digestive system was royally ticked!  Whoops . . . live and learn :)
      
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com