ROCKIN' RESOURCES - MY FIRST LINKY PARTY

With school coming to a close (or already closed for that matter), many of us are setting our sites on summer fun, personal projects, and family time. However, knowing the crazy teachers that we are, many of us are also thinking about next year.  Summer is the perfect time to work on school and acquire new resources at your own pace.  So, with this said, I figured I would host my very first Linky Party.


This little Linky is called Rockin' Resources: Things I Couldn't Live Without.  I am mainly thinking of the things/resources that you use in your classroom that you live and die by, but it could include other things as well.   I know I am in need of a few more "classroom tools," and who better to ask than my wise bloggy buddies??!!

Here are my TOP 5 "classroom can't live withouts..."

READING IS FUN SIGHT WORD BOOKS
I came across these two years ago and they have made all the difference in my kids' sight word growth.  They are perfect for K-1 classrooms.  Sight words are introduced one at a time and build slowly throughout the series (lots of spiral review).  In addition to completing a phonics reader, I assign a couple of pages a night out of one of these.  I ask my parents to read the assigned pages with their kiddos at least 2-3 times.  Once they are fluent, I assign the next couple of pages.  Click on the picture to visit the Teddy Bear Press Web site.

INTELLI-TUNES
Any of you who visit me on a regular basis know how much I heart Intelli-Tunes!!  If you haven't heard these yet, you are missing out.  Ron Brown's music is standards-based and is perfect for K-3 classrooms.  Not only do the kids love it, but it is classroom music that teachers can actually stomach!  My kids beg for me to play these and I truly believe that their understanding of concepts has been greatly supported by these fun songs.  Click on the picture to visit the Intelli-Tunes Web site.

   

FONTS FOR TEACHERS
I love making my own worksheets and this resource is perfect for it.  Fonts For Teachers allows you to make everything from dotted handwriting practice sheets (print, d'nealian, or script) and perfectly lined paper to custom clock math pages.  Love, love, LOVE this resource.  Click on the picture to visit the DownHill Publishing Web site.  


ART PROJECTS FOR KIDS
This blog offers up mind-blowing art projects for kids.  If you haven't had the opportunity to visit Kathy Barbro's site, put it on your to-do list.  She is an amazing artist and has created tested classroom art projects for grades K-5 and beyond.  Take a moment . . . you'll be glad you did.  Click on the picture to visit Art Projects for Kids!

  

KLEENSLATE WHITE BOARDS
My kids all have the basic individual white boards in their desks.  However, I wanted something a little different to add some spice to the white board group work they do during my center rotation.  SO . . . I purchased a group set of KleenSlate White Boards.  We do a lot of the same work that they do at their desks (spelling and such), but it seems oh-so new to them because these boards are such a novelty.  The buy-in is HUGE and they love working and writing on these!  Click on the picture to visit the KleenSlate Web site.


All right . . . that's my list.  Now it's your turn!  To participate, grab the Linky Party button above and link your post down below.  Don't forget to link back to my site pretty please!  The more the merrier so please spread the word . . . let's get those ideas flowin'!    


◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com