FIVE FOR FRIDAY - THE SAGA CONTINUES . . . AND A FUN FREEBIE

Boy howdy folks, we made it!  My sweet little kiddies were in their glory this week with the First Grade Music Performance, Rodeo Week, National Peace Officer's Memorial Week, and Mother's Day.  Needless to say, this teacher is totally pooped.  However, it was a wonderful 5 day run I tell ya!  With this said, let's get to it . . . Five for Friday Style!  




RANDOM MOMENT #1
Our little town has a rodeo this weekend . . . it's a BIG deal and most of the kids attend.  If you are a smart teacher, you rope in this excitement and run with it in class.  It worked like a charm!  But, I digress.  Check out my babes during the fun Rodeo Field Day!  Yup . . . that's the Cow Pie Walk!


RANDOM MOMENT #2
Our school also had it's Annual Music Performance this week.  All of first grade packed the gym on Wednesday evening.  My class was SO well behaved despite all the nerves and I cried my eyes out when they hit the final song . . . You Are My Sunshine.  The music teacher had the parents sing the second verse to the kids . . . I LOST IT.  One of my babes even mouthed, "Are you okay??"  Yes siree, I cried that hard.  But, I managed to get it together before my makeup started dripping down my face.  #waterproofmascara


RANDOM MOMENT #3
I took a break from rodeo madness after the performance to take advantage of the HUGE TPT Sale.  I scored some delightful products.  I have posted a few of my favorites below . . . but, believe me . . . I bought so much more than what that photo shows ;)  

Susan Moran's All About Book
Katie King's Busy Teacher (May)
Hope King's Biome Book
Sarah Cooley's Soft C & G Pack

RANDOM MOMENT #4
As if this week wasn't crazy enough, the first grade teachers upped the ante and hosted Mother's Day events on Friday.  I went with a low key Mommy Drop-In and it was such fun. The kids were delighted.  I think by having it as a "come when you can event" more of our moms and grammies were able to pop in for a little visit.  

Love that a few mommies brought their younger sweeties!!!

RANDOM MOMENT #5
Oh, and in case you didn't know, last week was National Peace Officer Memorial Week!!  I always do something for Fire Safety week and show appreciation toward these brave men and women by having my babes write letters. However, the poor police have been overlooked in my class.  Well, it just so happens that one of my darling students has the coolest cop for a dad!!!  It seemed only right that we start appreciating these amazing men and women too.  So, our beloved Mr. P came in for a little visit.  The kids were in awe and the visit was classic!  Q & A Time + First Grade = Hilarious.  In addition to the usual kid questions . . . "Do you have a gun?" and "What do the prisoners eat in jail?" . . . one question/response took the cake.  One of my babes asked Mr. P. when he works.  When told that he typically works during the night shift, my little kiddo replied, "Oh, so you're like a nocturnal animal."  #yougetanA+kid


BIG thanks to you Mr. P!  We loved every minute of it!!

Following our police officer visit, we wrote letters and I delivered them to our local station.  If you were interested in running with this activity in the next few weeks (it's a perfect feel-good end of the year activity), I have my freebie template up for grabs down below!!  
CLICK HERE to score this letter template!  
Thanks JW Illustrations and Teaching in a Hello Literacy for the graphics!

Alright my friends, I am off.  Going to go enjoy my Saturday for a bit before I sit back down to finish up my end of the year video (I'll have more on this soon). I'll see you tomorrow with a fun little craft freebie!  Hugs y'all and thanks for visiting.




◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com