MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST + FLIP FLOP FREEBIE

I am a little late in the game, but I am so excited to join up with Mrs. Cupcake, Hadar, and April's Summer Bucket List Linky Party. (Keep reading . . . there's a fun Summer-Themed FREEBIE down below!) 


Although I have been off on surgery leave for what seems like an eternity and I am just now going back for the last three weeks (fingers crossed . . . I have a message into the doc), summer still excites me as do the projects that come along with it!  So without further ado . . . here's my TOP 5 list!

ONE - WORK IN MY YARD
We moved in December and scored one amazing yard.  In a few short months I have discovered just how much I love to fiddle in the dirt.  I want to fill in the "holes" and keep puttering all summer!



TWO - COOK/BAKE NEW THINGS
I have "pinned" countless recipes and it's time to actually try them.  I need to get out of my meal rotation rut!

Check out my Pin Board!


THREE - WORK ON NEW UNITS
I have so many ideas swimmin' around in my noggin! I can't wait to start working on them.  

FOUR - SCORE OREGON DUCK'S TICKETS
I have it programed in my phone . . . I am NOT missing the ticket sale opening this year.  My honey and I have spaced the opening of ticket sales three years running (duh!).  We either managed to scrounge up really cruddy seats to not so hot games or we missed out on tickets completely.  Not this year I tell you (Court, my teaching bestie . . . are you in?) OOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!  

Never mind that awful Cal sign in the back ... we invaded their territory!
And . . . that is apple juice I am holding ;)
AHHHHH . . . Autzen . . . how I love you!
FIVE - PREP THE "LITTLE THINGS"
I want to make next year as easy as possible (haha . . . I've said that before). But, I think if I work a bit this summer on prepping the little things that really eat up valuable time during the school year it will make a HUGE difference.  I definitely want to make up these cool new student packs and get all of my birthday gifts/certs prepared!  

     


Well . . . that's my list.  I'll give you an update on how I am doing with it later this summer.  

Before I get to the FREEBIE, I want to give a HUGE shout out to Susan over at T.G.I.F (Thank God It's First).  I was her big winner yesterday and I scored her awesome Addition with 3 Addends Packet.  I am so excited to use this.  Thanks again Susan :)  YOU ROCK!

CLICK HERE to find Susan's sweet packet on TPT!

Finally this afternoon . . . a little FLIP FLOP Summer Fun Center Game.  The best part is that it's FREE.  This game is played in a small group and the directions are outlined below.  
  1. Make one set of game cards per center group and place them face down on the table (I always divide my bigger groups up and run two games).  
  2. Students take turns drawing and reading the wave cards.  To "capture" the card they must be able to tell the group its part of speech.  
  3. Play continues until all of the cards have been captured or the center rotation ends.  
  4. To add a little more zing to the game, six flip flop cards have been added to the deck.  If one of these cards is selected, the student gets to "flip flop" or trade cards with anyone else at the table.  
  5. A follow up worksheet is included!
CLICK HERE TO GET A COPY OF THE FLIP FLOP FREEBIE!
Thank you to KPM Doodles and Goodness & Fun for the graphics support :)

What's up with me and writing daily dissertations on this thing??!!  Boy . . . thanks for stickin' with me folks :)
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com