PEN PAL PAIR UP 2013 - NEED A PARTNER??

With the summer quickly winding down (I can only whisper such a phrase even in late July), I figured I better start getting serious around here.  My posts have been way too fluffy lately.  So, how about if I hit you with something FREE that could provide you with a steady stream of friendly letter writing and geography lessons/activities next year?  I bring you the great Pen Pal Pair Up 2013!

Thank you Scrappin' DoodlesLD, and Miss Tiina Fonts!
I hosted this little event last year and I received multiple emails this summer asking me to please bring it back (teachers moved grade levels and such). Well, we aim to please around here, so here I be.  If you are unfamiliar with the Pair Up, let me back up and explain a bit  (I seem to be doing lots of backing up lately . . . It seems that I like to get ahead of myself).  

I don't know about you, but I always wanted to start up pen pals in my classroom.  However, I never quite knew where to start.  Finding a partner always seemed so difficult.  Well, that all changed for me last year when my friend Nicole approached me.  She made things SO easy and my kids loved getting letters from their DC pals.  I wanted others to have this same no-brainer opportunity, so I started the Pair Up.  

With this said, if you are interested in becoming a committed pen pal for the upcoming school year, simply click on the Pair Up button below and fill out the Google Doc form before Sunday, July 28th ASAP (see note below). 

Once the submission deadline passes, I will do my very best to provide you with the best possible pen pal pair up!  I will contact you directly with your pen pal's info as soon as I have the list compiled.

CLICK ON THE BUTTON ABOVE AND I'LL FIND YOU A PEN PAL!

THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED . . . SORRY :(
REMEMBER!!  This event is open to all teachers - you do not have to have a blog to participate!  So, what are you waiting for . . . go on . . . sign up! I'd love to help ya find a partner.

If you are still wondering how you are going to manage this whole pen pal deal in your classroom, I did make a Pen Pal Packet for my partner and I to use last year.  It contains everything you need to start and maintain a long distance classroom connection. 

**If you have additional questions about The Perfect Pen Pal Pair Up 2013, feel free to contact me (kelleydolling@gmail.com).

***NOTE: The response has been overwhelming today and I will be closing this very soon (probably tomorrow - Monday).  So, if you want in, get in now!!!  I'm going to cap it around 650 - 700 entries and we are oh so close to hitting this range.  Don't get me wrong my dear friends . . . I am delighted to help, but I have to get ready for my new class headed my way on August 19th (ready or not here they come).  

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com