HOORAY . . . IT'S THE 100TH DAY - HAT + BULLHORN

I started pulling out all of my files that go with our February themes, and I quickly realized that the 100th Day is right around the corner.  After thumbing through my file,  I felt that it was looking a little weak.  It was then and there that I decided that I wanted to add something out of the box, standards based, and downright fun for the kiddlets this year.  I kept mulling it over and suddenly this loony idea popped into my noggin . . .


Please 'scuse the scary pic, but I figured you needed a visual for this one.  It's a bit of a stretch, but in my brain, it works :)  Let me explain.  The whole Ten Frame thing has been so hot with the common core, so I connected the dots. Stick with me here . . . 10 tens equals 100.  Therefore, if we use the 10 main facts to ten (10+0, 9+1, 8+2, 7+3, 6+4, 5+5, 4+6, 3+7, 2+8, and 1+9), we hit that golden ONE-ZERO-ZERO mark! 

My kids are all about the "wearable work" this year, so a hat was the logical choice.  I think they will dig it, but I have to wait until February 6th to find out!  

If you are interested in this doozie, I put it in my latest TPT packet.  I included all of the templates, corresponding worksheets, and a story problem idea.  Oh yeah . . . and you get a song with this one too!  Ron Brown from Intelli-Tunes hooked me up with his awesome 100th Day Song (click to hear a sample). 



Stickin' with the 100th Day theme, I did find an oldie, but a goodie in that file of mine.  Every year we make Hooray!  It's the 100th Day Bullhorns.  It just so happens that we are typically targeting -ay (at the end) in class during this time.  So, we decorate up bullhorns (complete with at least a 1/2 a dozen -ay words).  The kiddies and I use them to sing the 100th Day Song, during a fun word game (more on this some other day), and pretty much any other chance we get that day.  HOORAY!  If this is something that you may be interested in runnin' with this year, it's up for grabs right . . . HERE


My best "O" Face . . . eat your heart out Chip Kelly (sniff, sniff)!
Alright my friends, I need to jet this morning.  Off to the PK1 Conference in Santa Clara, California I go.  Hopefully, I will get to see a couple of you there . . . please come hunt me down . . . I'd love to meet you.  I will be hanging at the Intelli-Tunes booth and I am runnin' session F8.  Whoop!!  Whoop!!  I just hope that I make it to the convention center in one piece.  The hubs is staying behind this time (he's on dog duty), which means this country girl gets to face big city traffic all by herself . . . gulp!  I'll see you all on Monday with my Free February Good Morning Work (Math) Tester pages.  Thanks for visiting :)


◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com