FIVE FOR FRIDAY - VOL 965.2

So glad I am back in the swing of things . . . just in time to hit up Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday Linky.  I was snappin' photos like crazy all week with this affair in mind.  Okay, so I am a little late, but I am just as excited to be shoutin' about Friday on a Saturday!



RANDOM MOMENT #1
America's Favorite Pastime was in the air in our little classroom this week.  You could almost smell the hotdogs and diamond dirt! (After lunch recess on Wednesday, I think I actually did catch a whiff of this scent.  However, I don't think it had anything to do with baseball.)  





All of our activities came from Leanne Prince's Spring Training Pack (it's fantastic) and my Baseball Flavored Spring Skills Pack + Freebie.  


     

RANDOM MOMENT #2
Have you seen Susan Moran's Writing Through the Seasons Packs??  They are the bomb-diggity and the spring collection contains these awesome flip books. My kids got so jacked up over these.  Who knew that four little cuts and a fold would change the ballgame completely proper noun practice?!!



BIG thanks to you sweet Suz . . . you saved my hiney {again} with one of your stellar writing packets :)


RANDOM MOMENT #3
I think I developed serious back problems this week.  Hunched over for hours each night while reruns of Castle kept me company . . . 

I know you've been here . . . :)

RANDOM MOMENT #4
Our awesome 7th Grade Buddies came up the hill for a rockin' visit on Friday morning.  Within minutes of their arrival, we launched ourselves into one cool craftivity.  I think the big kids got into this just as much (if not more) than my babes did.  It was definitely a rock star way of getting my kiddlets hooked into writing a stellar summary for me!  Our stringed "instruments" turned out so different from one another . . . gotta love lettin' that creativity fly!  Oh, and air guitars were goin' off like crazy throughout the period :)




If you like the "flavor" of this activity, check out my Rockin' Retell Pack.  It's full of "out of the box" summary ideas that target that all-mighty common core!


RANDOM MOMENT #5
It was the little things that kept me going this week.  The amazing weather, seeing leaves return on the trees, hearing kids giggling . . . and . . . having my amazing classroom neighbor walk in after school wearing one of these gems. Kindergarten free time + imagination + cops = pis badges.


That's all folks.  Thanks ever so much for stoppin' by today.  I will be back tomorrow with that summary freebie I promised.  It was a huge hit and I can't wait to share it with you :)




◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com