FIVE FOR FRIDAY + SPRING SKILLS FREEBIE

Alright . . . mark me down on your roll as being a tad tardy with this post. However, I couldn't let a week slip by without a little Doodle Bugs Linky action. So, here you be . . . FIVE FOR FRIDAY (a little late) from Teacher Idea Factory.



Random Moment #1
We were all about Easter, bunnies, chicks, and such in our classroom yesterday! The kids were fantastic.  Not your normal fantastic mind you . . . like mouth hanging open in shock FANTASTIC.  It was a magical day!  We kicked it all off with Ms. Cupcake's What's Hatchin' Craft.  We have been working on that tricky -ck rule, so I altered the activity just a bit to help us practice this tough spelling concept!  The best part is that "chicks" are springy enough for me to leave up on the wall for a bit :)  Thanks Cupcake!


Random Moment #2
After our BIG 7th Grade Buddies helped us with the craftivity, we moved into station rotations!  Usually I am all about workin' my babes' tails off during groups, but Friday was all about the F-U-N!  So, they created crayon-resist masterpieces and made silly Easter Basket Hats.  Have you seen these hats?? They popped up on my Pinterest home page on Thursday evening and I abandoned the run of the mill bunny ears immediately.  They are the brain child of Learning With Mrs. Parker!  So easy and the kiddlets LOVED them.



Random Moment #3
I pulled out all the stops for my amazing crew and we dyed eggs too.  In years past, all of the parents were invited to come in and help, but I just didn't want the stress this year.  So, I asked two brave mommies to run the station. It was perfect and my little cuties were in heaven . . . even if our room did smell a little like feet all afternoon :)


Random Moment #4
Following our Easter Party, we had one more final hoorah before the bell sounded and we all went our merry way.  I hosted my annual Egg Hunt.  We had so many chocolate eggs donated that I asked my teachin' bestie to join us (the last thing I wanted was a phone call from a parent letting me know that their kid puked from too many sweets).  We lined the kids up on the fence and they watched me chuck the eggs while Mrs. H held them back :)  When the whistle blew, off they went . . . they were darling and the sharing that took place was enough to melt even the hardest of hearts.  



Random Moment #5
Although my summary pack is calling my name, I quickly updated my Spring Skills Baseball Packet that I made last year.  I was trying to figure out where I wanted to go right after Spring Break . . . I'm just not quite ready to launch into our Open House Unit (Africa).  So, after a bit of brainstorming, BASEBALL it is! Personally, I am itchin' for the season to start (Let's Go Giants). . . and I just know my boys are going to love it!  

I also created a little freebie portion of this unit too.  Try the Is It A Double? Ending Sort in your class this spring.  If the game is a hit with your crew, come on back and pick up the rest of the pack.  

TPT52127
Alright all you alls, I am jumpin' ship on this post.  Thanks so much for visiting me!  Have a wonderful day and a very Merry Easter.  I'll see you Monday :)




◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com