REMEMBER WHEN CRAFT + FONT FASCINATION

Tomorrow is the day.  The BIG one I tell ya!  After more than three months of surgery recovery and endless complications, I get to return to class for our final 3.5 days.  Nervous.  Excited.  Antsy.  Happy.  Worried.  Hopeful. (Maybe I should turn my "return" feelings into an adjective lesson!)  Despite all of these emotions, I can't wait to get back in there.  Pictures tomorrow for sure :)

Being out so long has me scrambling to come up with something new to do on our Annual 1st Grade Awards Night.  I usually always have my kids perform an ocean-themed play, but I didn't want to put all the practice on my subby-sub. So, I have been raking my brain to come up something for the kids to do. Mid-afternoon I finally just decided to have my kids read a piece of their writing that highlights the things they have learned this year, but that means I still need a "back drop" for this production.  Mmmmmm . . . after hours of stewing, I had a light bulb practically burst in my noggin.  If you follow me, you know how much I love working kids photos into the art they do.  With this said, here's what I came up with for us to hang behind our "stage."  It's pretty cute.  It incorporates writing.  And, it's EASY!  I should have time to pull this off by Thursday.  Thoughts??  PS . . . I look like a dork!  
Got time to slip this in your packed schedule?
Want a copy for next year?
Take a peek below!
CLICK HERE to grab the thought bubble template!
Thanks again Miss Tiina Fonts!
Now that things are finally sorted out with my own contest and Linky I can jump on the PAR-TAY that I have been eyeing for what seems like ages.  The moment I saw Natalie's font-focused linky over at Teachery Tidbits, I started drooling all over myself.  So many fabulous fonts have been featured (lots of which I have never seen) and my collection continues to grow.  If you are a font freak like me, hop on over to Teachery Tidbits and share your favorites too!


Here you be gang!  My little list of current font fascinations. 
(I wanted to add like fifty others, but I somehow restrained myself.)

I am off to finish making my last craft sample for tomorrow (thanks for the awesome surfer dude, Mrs. Jump).  We are going to go all out in the "Aloha Day/Ocean" department.  Here goes nothin' friends.  Dear new digestive system . . . please . . . please . . . PLEASE behave yo-self tomorrow!  





◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 teacher idea is proudly powered by blogger.com